The Bishop Moore Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame has announced that it will honor longtime Hornet baseball coach Dave Wheeler posthumously at the 25th anniversary ceremony this fall. Between 1994 and 2010 under Wheeler, the Hornet baseball teams won 11 district titles, 8 regional championships, 8 trips to the Florida Final Four Series, including 3 trips to the state championship games and, in 2007, won the state title with a 31-1 record. Wheeler died of cancer in 2017 at the age of 60.
- Will Dunn (’92) — one of the top outside shooters in Hornets basketball all-time with 1400 career points, he was a two-time All-Conference, All-County guard on a Gary Belger team that set BMC single-season scoring and points per game records. He went on to play at Loyola/New Orleans.
- Aaron Bert (’95) — a dual-threat quarterback and three-year starter on Drew Nemec-coached Hornet teams in the mid-1990s, he racked up 4,000 yards of total offense over two seasons with roughly half coming from his arm and half from his legs. He attended the Air Force Academy.
- Frank Ambrosio (’02) — a four-year soccer starter under Coach Mark Keymont with 110 career goals and 88 assists, he was 2001 Orange County Player of the Year and First-team All-State after scoring 2 goals in the 2000 State Championship. Started four years at George Washington.
- Jacqui Concolino (’05) Professional golfer who enjoyed her best year in LPGA tournament play last year, former Orlando Sentinel Golfer of the Year at Bishop Moore and All-American at Vanderbilt, she started playing golf at age 12 and fulfilled a childhood dream by turning pro in 2007.
- Robert Isola, Jr. (’07) – state wrestling champion as a junior after going 42-0. A first-team all-stater and first-team All-Central Florida under Coach Dave Manchon, he finished second in the state championships as a senior with a 32-1 record and went on to wrestle at North Carolina State.
Norm and Carol Lansverk are this year’s “booster” honorees. These Bishop Moore parents were hands-on supporters of Hornets sports programs for 16 years from the late 60’s to the mid 80’s — as tireless volunteers working concessions. Norm, for many years, served as Athletic Association president and volunteer basketball coach.
This year’s Induction Banquet and Ceremony is Thursday, October 18th, 2018 in the gymnasium. Tickets are $50 per person or $350 for a table of 8.
Click on picture above to register or contact the athletic office at 407-293-7561 ext. 250 for more information.
Click here if you would like to reserve a table